We can provide telephone references for certain case types if required. Please call 0330 555 5000 for more information.
- When my elderly mother was admitted to a geriatric ward in our local NHS Trust to recover from a severe fall we were concerned at the level of care she was receiving. She also suffers from the early stages of dementia and being in hospital seemed to exacerbate this condition. The ward was under staffed and the nurses and carers were unable to provide the level of care and support we felt that mother needed and we expected. This resulted in myself and my sisters staying with her in hospital to ensure that she was looked after properly. However this became impractical for us due to our work and family life. That’s when I found Nursing Direct and used them to supply a carer full time for a couple of weeks to look after and support mum whilst she was in hospital. They could not have been more helpful and caring at what was a very difficult time for the family. Not only was the carer well qualified and experienced, she was company for my mum and ultimately played a pivotal role in her recovery. I can’t thank Leanne enough for the help she gave us. AJ – London
- Nursing Direct were able to quickly pick up a complex care package that allowed us to move the patient from hospital to home. I would be happy to recommend the company especially Leanne and her team for putting the care package together and Leanne remains our liaison. Thank you! CCG – North London
- My mother has been suffering with dementia for a number of years now and being her primary care giver I was reluctant to leave her for longer than a few days. However after using Nursing Direct carers and nurses I felt completely confident and at ease in leaving for a week’s holiday. I had the full knowledge that my mother was being cared for by qualified sensitive staff, who were kind, considerate, respectful and professional. I cannot recommend Nursing Direct enough, especially for respite. I could relax for that whole time knowing my mother was well looked after and had a rare chance to look after myself. Mrs J Essex
- After my accident I was scared about returning home when I didn’t feel ready. It was a daunting prospect yet the nurse provided by Nursing Direct made me feel confident and safe, and slowly but surely I began to adjust back to my old life. The after care provided was tailored specifically to my needs and I couldn’t have asked for a better nurse. Would definitely use Nursing Direct again for myself or any other family members. RV London
- Going on holiday with a disabled child can be very difficult and to be honest we rarely went away. Yet Nursing Direct provided us with a Nurse who become part of our family. We took her on holiday with us to help with the care of our young son and it was one the best holidays we had had as a family. It provided all the family with some rest whilst enjoying quality time away with our son away from home. Sometimes a change of scenery can really help everyone and an extra pair of hands on holiday can really help! Jameson family Surrey
- Last year my husband had to have a tumour removed from his brain. I was nervous about his recovery and rehabilitation at home, particularly as I still had to work whilst he was still ill. Nursing Direct have been marvellous, I don’t think my husband’s recovery would have been so quick without their time, patience and expertise. Not only did they offer him all the support he needed, they were and are massive support to myself and sometimes served as a shoulder to cry on. I could not recommend them highly enough. Maria K Birmingham
- On behalf of my mum, myself and my brother, I would like to thank you so much for the care and kindness you showed during our mum's short illness. My mum loved you all and enjoyed the giggles she had with you. You all showed such compassion and warmth which made her life so much easier. The respect and dignity you gave to her was incredible. Please pass on our thanks to all concerned, particularly Roberta, Patricia, Irene, Deck and Prince and all the others who did so much to make mum's last days happy and bearable. Well done all of you. Much thanks and appreciation. OS, London